Devoted Home Care Services


Care Team

On Call



Care Team

On Call


Funding Your Home Care

Varying Methods to Finance In-Home Care Services

There are multiple ways to finance your home care needs. Based on your earnings and savings, you may qualify for assistance from the local government (Direct Payment, CCG, NHS). You can also cover your care expenses out-of-pocket or have a family member assume responsibility. Alternatively, you can contemplate a mix of these alternatives.

Funding for Social Services by Local Authorities

Government-funded services for individuals in need of care.
If your savings fall below the upper capital limit, set at £23,250 (or £100,000 from October 2025) for services starting after April 2016, the local council will help with all or part of the care costs.
In this scenario, the initial action is to request Hertfordshire County Council’s Social Services sector to coordinate conducting a Community Care Assessment (

Please telephone 0300 123 4044 or dispatch correspondence online at to speak with them.

Should the individual needing care be suitable for assistance from the council for care services, their care needs will be used as the basis for the local authority when determining a budget. There is the opportunity to establish an agreement with the council that they will pay the agreed fees directly to your pre-payment card. Such an arrangement empowers you to have a broader selection of how the money is used and streamlines the process for you to top up the available funds if you can.

Devoted Home Care Services can offer advice on the most effective way to make an application.

Increasing the Budget for Social Services

It’s conceivable that the financial support provided by the council will not fully defray the expense of the preferred care package. During such instances, the care recipient or a relative can contribute the extra amount to supplement Social Services’ financial support.

Paying for your own care.

You have the option to finance your care – self-funded
Should you or a family member be paying for care out of your pocket, the arrangement is purely between you and the care provider. However, your local authority can offer you advice.

If your savings exceed £23,250, it will be your responsibility to cover the cost of your care. While the council may be able to offer some assistance, if they do, they will bill you for the expenses.
If your savings fall below the £23,250 threshold, you can request an assessment and assistance from the council’s Brokerage Team. You must contribute to the cost when your savings range from £23,250 to £14,250. Your savings will not be considered if they fall below £14,250.

More Information

You can find a wealth of knowledge about acquired care at the following locations:

Funding Care

You can acquire an abundance of information regarding funding care for a loved one at these sites. Learn more at:
1. Introduction to Care and Support: (
2. Money, Work and Benefits: (
3. Paying for your care or support: (

Additional Benefits and Allowances

Do you qualify for additional benefits and allowances? Discover more at:
1. Attendance Allowance: (
2. Personal Independence Payment: ( (for those under state pension age)

Non-Means Tested

These benefits are not means-tested.
If you receive a pension or any other income, you can either use it to pay for the care you require or use it as extra funding for the finance available from the local council.